May 16, 2019
At La Capitol, you don’t have to settle for a one-size-fits-all checking account. Instead, you have freedom of choice and a menu of features that lets you match your financial account to your financial lifestyle. Your checking account needs to work with you, where you are now and where you intend to go.
La Cap understands that and has four types of checking accounts designed to take you through every stage of your financial life.
Are you young and just starting to figure this financial thing out? Our Simple checking is designed to use even if you aren’t rolling in the bucks yet. You get unlimited check writing and automatic overdraft protection. As for fees, those are few and far between.
This account is ideal if you:
- Use your debit card 10 times or more a month for purchases. With this type of activity, low balance fees are waived.
- Have a monthly direct deposit total of $500. This gets you the same deal — low-balance fees are waived.
- Are younger than 25 years old. Young members with this account automatically get a waiver for any account maintenance or low-balance fees.
Do you have a bit more at stake or want a little more security? Simple Plus checking gives you all the benefits of the Simple checking but with access to BaZing6, a suite of perks perfect for managing the what ifs in life. This account includes a $4.99 monthly charge for BaZing services.
Are you invested in life, constantly on the go, intent on making your money work too? Choice checking is designed to help you make the choices that are best for you while letting your money work for you along the way. You still get unlimited check writing, but our perks are tailored to a busy lifestyle.
This account is ideal if you:
- Use your debit card 20 times or more a month for purchases, and we’ll waive any low-balance fees. That’s just five transactions a week—food, gas, a bill and incidentals, for example.
- If you’re a traveler and concerned about ATM access, sign up for La Cap's eStatements, and we’ll refund up to $25 a month in foreign transaction fees. You’ll always have worry-free access to your money.
- You can earn dividends—up to 4.25% APY—with Choice that are posted and compounded monthly. All you have to do is keep $1,000 in your account. Make $1,000—or any number up to $3,000 or even $10,000—your new zero, and use it as your cushion that earns, earns, earns.
- Would like access to the Elite Saver savings account which offers higher dividends for a minimum deposit of $5,000.
Have you learned to value every opportunity to grow your wealth and strengthen resources? In addition to BaZing which includes a $4.99 monthly charge, Choice Plus slashes the number of debit card transactions needed monthly to waive any low-balance fees from 20 to just 15.
And don’t worry — you still get Choice’s signature ATM refunds3 and those lovely dividends4 on balances of $1,000 or more posted and compounded monthly.
Are your financial assets larger than most? Get bigger rewards for bigger balances with our Liquid Asset checking account. This account is designed to capitalize on monetary sums and maximize interest earned.
This account is ideal if you:
- Keep a minimum balance of at $2,500 or more in your checking account.
- Would like to earn higher interest on larger-than-average deposits and balances.
- Would like access to the Elite Saver savings account, which offers higher dividends for a minimum deposit of $5,0006.
Life With BaZing
For a monthly fee of $4.99, BaZing is a third party provider that delivers a suite of perks to your checking account — perks that make many of life’s challenges easier to manage. So is it worth it? Check out the benefits, and decide for yourself:
- $800 per year to replace a broken or stolen cell phone7A
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- ID theft aid and monitoring with up to $10,000 in identity theft benefits7B
- $10,000 in Travel Accidental Death Coverage7B
- Negotiated savings on prescriptions, eye exams, frames, lenses and hearing services
- Local discounts and deals with national retailers for serious savings
Find the Checking Account for You
We know our members, and we’ve worked hard to create checking account options that works for a variety of lifestyles. If you’re looking for a drama-free checking account that meets you where you are, apply online or stop by your local La Cap branch today.
All La Cap checking accounts are subject to a $2 monthly service charge. Any checking account enrolled in eStatements will receive a monthly service charge waiver of $2 per month while enrolled in eStatements. To sign up for eStatements, you must first be enrolled in Online Banking.
1 La Cap Simple and Simple Plus (Share Draft) accounts have a minimum balance requirement of $1,000.00 and a low balance fee of $8.00. If average daily balance drops below $1,000.00, a low balance fee of $8.00 will be assessed. Low balance fee will be waived if one of the following conditions is met during that same month: - 10 or more posted non-ATM debit card transactions - Direct deposits of $500 or more (total) are made to the account. Low balance fee waived for account owned by members age 24 and under.
2 La Cap Choice and Choice Plus (Share Draft) accounts have a minimum balance requirement of $1,000.00 and a low balance fee of $8.00. If average daily balance drops below $1,000.00, a low balance fee of $8.00 will be assessed. Low balance fee will be waived if the following condition is met during that same month: - (Choice) 20 or more posted non-ATM debit card transactions per month; - (Choice Plus) 15 or more posted non-ATM debit card transactions per month.
3 Foreign ATM fees are charged when accessing a La Cap account through another financial institution's ATM. By signing up for eStatements on your Choice checking account, you can receive surcharge refunds of up to $25.00 per month on Foreign ATM fees. La Cap reserves the right to discontinue this feature at a future date.
4 APY = Annual Percentage Yield. La Cap Checking (Share draft) Accounts are variable rate accounts. La Cap may change the dividend rate for your account as determined by the credit union Board of Directors. Dividends are posted and compounded monthly. Minimum balance $1,000.00. Applicable fees and conditions could reduce the earnings on your account. Qualification to earn dividends: - 20 (Choice) / - 15 (Choice Plus) or more posted non-ATM debit card transactions per month: - 4.25% APY on balances up to but not exceeding $3,000 - 2.00% APY on balances over $3,000 and up to but not exceeding $10,000 - 0.10% APY on balances exceeding $10,000. If qualification stated is not met: - 0.10% APY on entire balance. Must meet criteria for opening a checking account.
5 La Cap Liquid Assets (Share Draft) accounts has a minimum balance requirement of $2,500. You must maintain a minimum daily balance of $2,500 in your account to avoid a low balance fee. If, during any month, the average daily balance falls below $2,500.00, a low balance fee of $8.00 will be assessed.
6 La Cap Elite Saver (Share) Account is a variable rate account. La Cap may change the dividend rate for your account as determined by the credit union Board of Directors. Dividends earned are posted and compounded monthly. Applicable fees and conditions could reduce the earnings on your account. Account available only to members who have a Choice Plus, Choice, or Liquid Assets checking account. If you choose to open an Elite Saver account, you must maintain a minimum daily balance of $5,000.00 in your Elite Saver account to avoid a low balance fee. If your balance falls below the required minimum average daily balance at any time during the month, your Elite Saver account will be subject to a low balance fee of $5.00.
7 BaZing fee: $4.99 per month.
7A Cell phone protection and personal identity protection are subject to additional terms and conditions.
7B Insurance products are not a deposit, not federally insured, not an obligation or guaranteed by the credit union, its affiliates, or any government agency.