Are you passionate about helping members with their financial needs? Are you looking for a position that offers a fun and dynamic work environment? We are looking for a Member Service Specialist to join our Westbank Branch, located at 2044 Manhattan Blvd, Harvey, LA.
This role will be responsible for assisting members with day to day transactions, as well as identifying and offering Credit Union products and services to best fit member needs. Having a minimum of two years of experience in a bank or credit union branch environment with an emphasis on sales will help you succeed.
Here's what you can expect from the job:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual product knowledge certification assessment.
- Represent the credit union to members in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide prompt, efficient and accurate service.
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
- Provide specific service-related information concerning credit union services and policies.
- Stay fully informed of policies and procedures regarding credit union products and services.
- Accept accountability, maintain accuracy and ensure security of member information.
- Address member complaints, requests, and assist them with completion of forms, such as direct deposit and payroll.
- Open new accounts and service existing accounts.
- Complete all necessary paperwork including sending new member letters, internal documents and reports.
- Check new account paperwork completed by others for accuracy.
- Place check orders for members.
- Process loans including origination, signing loan documents, and placing follow-up calls.
- Promote credit union products and services through public relations activities at offsite new and existing member locations.
- Provide information to members on investment alternatives.
- Provide support to Member Services department by balancing ATMs, working the vault, and handling night deposits as needed.
- Provide backup to Member Services by operating a cash drawer as necessary.
- Assist with office reports such as, but not limited to, negative balance, no birth dates, delinquent loans, and NSF reports.
- Support Credit Union service initiatives, such as the Lender Development program, to cross-sell credit union products and services to help members meet their needs.
- Understand compliance issues and attend training as they relate to member services including but not limited to:
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Reg P
- Patriot Act
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Datasafe, Word and lending software.
- Must be able to travel on occasion.